Tension springs have a wide range of uses and are found in many mechanical applications; examples being their use in switches, levers and braking systems.
John Binns & Son has a great deal of experience and expertise in the design and manufacture of tension springs and always welcomes the opportunity to help customers obtain the best possible solution for their product.
The following parameters are important in establishing the correct design of tension spring:
- The size of any hole the spring works in
- The loads/forces required and the lengths at which they are required
- The maximum working deflection required
- The frequency of operation
- The operating environment. This will determine the choice of material and/or the choice of any finish for corrosion protection.
- How and where the spring is to be fitted. This will determine type of loops or ends required. There are many different forms of tension spring end.