We were delighted to reach the remarkable milestone of 125 years of business last year.

Established in 1895 as a family-run company, and remaining so today, our award-winning manufacturing firm invests in the latest equipment to produce quality compression, tension and torsion springs as well as wireform products for a wide variety of clients.

The business is thrilled to have reached such a historic milestone.

Managing director Alex Driver runs the company with his brother Christian since their late father, Trevor Driver – the previous managing director of JB Springs, left the business in their hands.

JB Springs Team

The JB Springs team: Front left Alex Driver, managing director, front right Christian Driver, production director

Alex commented, “It’s a brilliant achievement for the company – we can’t believe it’s been 25 years since our centenary celebrations! I feel honoured that Christian and myself are part of a top team which constantly keeps JB Springs at the forefront of spring engineering while retaining the history and values we have acquired in our 125 years. It wouldn’t have been possible without the dedication of everyone here at JB Springs.

Unfortunately, as with many children’s parties and events, any celebrations have been postponed due to COVID-19. However, we’re looking forward to celebrating this success in style as a company as soon as it’s safe.”

The history of JB Springs is evident throughout the Skipton-based premises, for example the old, original office from when the business was on Fleece Street in Keighley, affectionately referred to as the ‘TARDIS’ due to its likeness to the Doctor Who time machine! (see below). The 8-foot by 5-foot office was preserved and lowered into the current, purpose-built facility at the Airedale Business Centre in 1993, where it remains today.

The original clocking in clock
The 'Tardis'

Another relic, which sits mounted at the entrance, is the old clocking-in clock (shown above) which staff would use to keep track of their shifts. According to the serial number and some research, the device was manufactured in Huddersfield mid-1927. Despite no longer serving their original purposes, these artefacts are among the many present reminders of the company’s journey and development over such a long time.